This week...

Well, to my surprise "everyday dinner recipes" was the winner this week. These are a few of my family favorites. Starting with carbonara, it is so easy. The chicken can be omitted and I have also used Italian sausage which is really good. I originally made my carbonara with whole eggs but an Italian friend of mine said she used just the yolks (her Grandmother's recipe in Italy) naturally I had to try it and she was right it was better, much creamier (thanks Diane). I did find that you had to thin it out with reserved pasta water. The next recipe is cheeseburger pie, I have made this for years, everyone loves it, serve it with a salad. Last, roast chicken which is one of my favorites I usually make it with the thighs. I am picky with my chicken, Sunset and Caputos both have the Amish chicken, good quality. Sorry, just one picture, this is after all the week before Christmas! I am hosting a dinner party for 8 on Tuesday so look for those recipes on Wednesday. Enjoy!

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena